Hi,

My team try to use memcached to provide PHP caching recently but we
find out there is a memory overflow problem.

Here is the steps we have tested.
(1)Create memcached with the max. memory is 4MB .
(2)Add 900KB data from web to memcached 3 times.
(3)Add 700KB data from web to memcached.
(4)Add 500KB data from web to memcached.
(5)Add 300KB data from web to memcached.
(6)The new data still can transfer to memcached when new data size is
greater than memcached remaining space size.

We use "stats" to check "bytes" and it shows the memory size is over
4MB.
Could you help to clarify what is going on?
Thank you.

Regards,
Yashushi