hi memcached users/devvers,

I'm seeing occasional slowdowns (tens of milliseconds) in setting some
keys on some big servers (80GB RAM allocated to memcached) which contain
a large number of keys (many millions). The current version I use is
1.4.6 on RH6.

The thing is once I bounce the service (restart, not flush_all),
everything becomes fine again. So could a large number of keys be the
source of the issue (some memory allocation slowdown or something)?

I don't see that many evictions on the box, and anyway, evicting an
object to make room for another shouldn't take long, should it? Is there
a remote possibility the large number of keys is at fault and splitting
the daemons, like 2 or more instances per box, would fix it? Or is that
a known issue fixed in a later release?

Thanks for any insight.

David Morel