loadbalancer help reducing memory use (tcp connections) and network use
(ethernet band)
using repcache you should balance 50%/50% connections to allow lowest tcp
memory use

in memcached you should use the best loadbalance you want (i prefer the
fastest ethernet link - lower latency) since only one server may have the
informartion (if you aren't using client replication)
if you have client replication, use the lowest memory use, since you may
have many many connections in this case.. (i'm talking about >10000
connections)

--
Roberto Spadim