Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 297 by poffenwa...@imvu.com: intermittant failure on incr of numbers larger than 2^63-1, ubuntu 10.04
http://code.google.com/p/memcached/issues/detail?id=297

What steps will reproduce the problem?
The problem is usually intermittent but occasionally we can repeat it on an given host as follows.

set asdf 0 200000 19
9223372036854775807
STORED
incr asdf 1
9223372036854775808
incr asdf 1
CLIENT_ERROR cannot increment or decrement non-numeric value
version
VERSION 1.4.13

I am expecting it to be able to increment numbers larger than 2^63-1 consistently.

VERSION 1.4.13

We are running a unit test that does the following
set foo 0 0 20
18446744073709551615
STORED
incr foo 2

The test expects a result of 1. This test is run on dozens of virtual machines many times a day. It has about a 1% failure rate. If you repeat the command "incr foo 2" again it will fail again. If you repeat the "set foo 0 0 20, 18446744073709551615" before the whole test again it will usually pass. Occasionally a memcached sever will into a state where setting any large integer and trying to increment or decrement it will fail as shown in the reproduction steps above.

We are running VMware virtual machines with ubuntu 10.04 for all of the above.