On Tuesday 10 September 2013 01:14 PM, dormando wrote:
Hi,
I frequently connect via telnet to memcached server and run commands. However,
recently I have enabled SASL authentication support in memcached, and as I
understand telnet can now no longer be used as the binary protocol has to be
mandatorily used. So, I would like
to know if there is any client or any other way by which I can get simple telnet-like access to
memcached server and run commands such as "stats", "get", etc.?

Regards,
Rahul.
Maybe the libmemcached commandline tools can do it? I haven't tried them
with sasl though :/

libmemcached-1.0.17 with the fix described in https://bugs.launchpad.net/libmemcached/+bug/1182104 seems to solve the problem. Thanks.

Regards,
Rahul.