On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Nic Jansma <nicjan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, September 30, 2013 12:23:42 PM UTC-4, LesMikesell wrote:
>>
>> That sounds like your client is opening persistent connections but not
>> reusing them.
>

> Doesn't the CLOSE_WAIT state indicate that the client has sent a FIN and yet
> memcached hasn't internally closed/cleaned up the connection?
>
> I don't fully understand how pecl memcache/memcached's persistent
> connections feature uses the socket, but I don't imagine they would send a
> FIN then still try to re-use the connection later.

Yes, I guess I had it backwards.  CLOSE_WAIT should mean the other end
has sent the FIN and is done sending.  The server still needs to send
the requested data before closing its side - maybe the client isn't
reading fast enough and the tcp window is full at this point.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikes...@gmail.com