You may also consider an upgrade sometime...

If the conn tester doesn't pull up much, I don't know what it'd be beyond
things like spaces/newlines/invalid chars sneaking in, or items being too
large. that sort of thing. Cache::Memcached's error reporting is pretty
terrible.

I have a long list of bugs/pull reqs against it that I haven't been
reviewing/merging, if any of you folks are interested in helping there.