Hi,

Thank you again for your reply.

Sorry but where or how do you know the TTL is 30?  I agree that items
disappear after about 30 seconds, but where or how do I set the TTL for
memcache?

i have had a look in the memcached.conf file.  There is no setting in there
that relates to expiry or TTL or similar.

​
​In the item, you can also see that it is set to expire in 6000 seconds.

The item basically has three pieces of info (serialised):
1. value
2. timestamp
3. seconds until expiry​