Currently my set up is as follows:
1. My memcached.conf exists at /Users/okale/Library/Caches/
Homebrew/memcached-1.5.7/
2. The memcached server on starting reads from this file as shown in the
log:
OKALE-M-33H5:memcached-1.5.7 okale$ ./memcached -S -v
Reading configuration from: </Users/okale/Library/Caches/
Homebrew/memcached-1.5.7/memcached.conf>
Initialized SASL.
3. The contents of the memcached.conf are:
mech_list: plain
log_level: 5
sasldb_path: /Users/okale/Library/Caches/Homebrew/memcached-1.5.7/
memcached-sasl-pwdb
4. The memcached-sasl-pwdb is located at /Users/okale/Library/Caches/
Homebrew/memcached-1.5.7/ and has the line:
(I am adding this line manually as the command 'echo "testpass" |
saslpasswd2 -a memcached -c -p testuser' is not creating the file and
adding the content in it)
ok:hello

However, I still see same error on server side:
mech:  ``SRP'' with 15 bytes of data
SASL (severity 2): no secret in database
sasl result code:  -4
Unknown sasl response:  -4

Also on client side, I still see:
OKALE-M-33H5:mycode okale$ ./testsasl ok hello localhost
Set failed: AUTHENTICATION FAILURE

One more question is:
Is there any additional info to be provided while starting the memcached
server itself?

Thanks and Regards,
Om Kale