Hey Dormando,
Today I tried reinstalling memcached from scratch and followed the
procedure in the wiki and the points you mentiibed however same issue of
'no secret in database' is still observed.

In addition, did the following steps but still no success.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12919032/can-i-set-username-and-password-on-memcached-like-mysql

Thanks and Regards,
Om Kale