-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of frederick w moir
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 6:57 PM
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: [MBZ] First gear start

Hi everybody!
I know that you changed the list just to get rid of me, but I'm
baaaaaack.
(Har-de-Har-Har)
Seriously folks, ALL HAIL Kaleb! (and Rusty too!)

The cheap 190DT that I've been turning into an expensive cheap 190DT
(with
Rusty's stalwart help) starts out in first gear. It sat for 6 months
over
the winter, this spring the oil was changed to M1 and the trans oil and
filter were changed too. When first driven it would not up-shift until
3800
rpm or so, in all gears. Stuck kick-down I says!
took it out and cleaned it, re-positioned the solenoid coil by about 90
deg. and it now respond to the throttle position as it should, and the
kick-down works as advertised.
It still starts out in first, Q. is this normal for an 87 190DT?
The PO said that the trans was rebuilt, (car has 144Kmiles) and the
secondary pump has been out, by the slight ring of red sealant around
it,
and the TC is painted black, as seen from under the car whilst changing
the
oil and filter.
TTFN
Fred Moir
Lynn MA
84 190D
85 300TD
87 190DT
85 190E (organ donor)

Looking for quality used parts?  We are parting out several 108, 109,
114, 115, 116, 123, and 126 chassis Mercedes-Benz.  Email
[EMAIL PROTECTED] for requests.

___

Need new parts?  Check out out Rusty at www.buymbparts.com for your best
deal on new parts.