Okay, beat me up for being an idiot but today I started seriously looking at
the fuel tank vent situation. I found where the vent comes out of the top of
the tank, looks like its built into the tank.
Found the whatsis at the bottom of the line, took it off, blew through it and
shot some sand out, nothing real exciting. Stuck a wire I had handy up the tube
but couldn't get it to go more than about 3". Its not a very stiff wire though
which is probably the problem.
Took the first aid kit tray out, broke the hinges on the top, didn't see
anything useful.
Took the plate out from behind the fuel tank, couldn't see anything usefull.

The diagrams I've seen show some kind of gasket that lives under the tank that
the vent line goes through but I can't see it from above or underneith. Whats
the trick? Do I need to take the back seat out? Get a stiffer wire to run up
through the tube? I wanted to use the wire I used for the sunroof cable tube
but I can't find the stupid thing. Its got a brush on it and everything...

I did prove that my hand primer does work and doesn't seem to leak that I could
see. I'll aquire fuel filters tomorrow (Sorry Rusty, need 'em now so I'll go
local, you got $400 from me this month already) and hopefully have time to put
'em in Wednesday.

I'm trying to get this heap back up to what little power a 240D should have so
I can run it up to Montreal on Friday...

-Curt
'83 240D "Hammie" 240kmi