I live in New York.  The inspection is a piece of cake... It is only $10 I
think for a diesel.  Most places barely check the car, some dont even check if
the lights works, usually takes me like 10 minutes to get the thing done.  Dont
be a sucker and go to a place that they say leave the car and we'll call you
when its ready!  I only go to places that do the inspection right away.  -Dan
ps - maybe if the car looks like it is ready to crack in two due to rust they
will check it over.