You have been given some very good advice concerning the use of heat/ice and PB
Blaster and setting up vibrations with tapping.  Since the head of the bleeder
is already screwed up, are you able to file it, more or less, even and use a
six point socket on it.  I would try the techniques listed and then attempt
careful removal using the six point socket.  I never go near brake or fuel
lines with a 12 point socket - six is all that I use.  Should you break the
bleeder off and don't have access to a salvage yard for a used caliper and
don't want to try the drill bit idea, call Advance Auto.  They have a lot of MB
parts.  I don't use much of their stuff but if you really want to get your car
on the road you might be surprised at how cheap some of their parts are.  I
know that their calipers (if they have one) won't last as long as one from
Rusty but you can be on the road and work on your old caliper at your leisure.

Gary

<<winmail.dat>>