Alex Chamberlain wrote:

Marshall Booth wrote:

And probably does NOT have AC (would be a HORRIBLE job to add AC)!

But if it DOES have AC, it's probably a manual system, not ACC, right? I have spent hours (well, OK, minutes) wisfully contemplating the sections on HVAC in the British Haynes W124 book I have, which show a manual dual-dial system like in a 240D.

That's what my '85 190D has, the pair of heat control dials left and right, an air distribution dial between them and a manual slider AC control above it (does NOT monitor the cabin temp, only the evaporator temp). Uses the same Nippondenso compressor and KLIMA relay system that the ACC uses so is almost as expensive to repair. You don't have the cold/cracked solder joint problem that the push button controllers developed. I have NO idea how the fan speed in a 124 with manual AC is controlled! Getting diagrams of the manual AC circuitry is a challange. I'm still looking for one for my 190D.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)