a "real spare"...

what is that, exactly? My friend's 64 Olds JetStar 88
has as a "spare" a real fifth wheel - you rotate it
with the others, etc. A real wheel with real tire.

FIRESTONE (this could be the problem) told me that my
85 300SD spare was a full sized wheel that looked
real, but was not a REAL WHEEL/TIRE, should not be
rotated with the others or used as a REAL tire.

Someone explain this.

What about my 76 240D is the "spare" on it a REAL
SPARE or a REAL WHEEL AND REAL TIRE?

THANKS!!

Christopher

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66474&item
> > =7982841471&rd=1
> >
> > Is this correct?  If so surely MB doenst use
> donuts for spares now instad of
> > real wheels.

Christopher McCann
1985 300SD, 206K miles, "Wulf" http://don.homelinux.net/mbz/Chris
1976 240D, ManyK miles, "Siegfried"/AFTP: Alternative Fuels Test Platform
1998 Toyota Sienna CE, 99K miles, "The Van"
Raytown, Missouri