firestone is full of shit, the wheel is the same as all the others.

Christopher McCann wrote:

a "real spare"...

what is that, exactly? My friend's 64 Olds JetStar 88
has as a "spare" a real fifth wheel - you rotate it
with the others, etc. A real wheel with real tire.

FIRESTONE (this could be the problem) told me that my
85 300SD spare was a full sized wheel that looked
real, but was not a REAL WHEEL/TIRE, should not be
rotated with the others or used as a REAL tire.

Someone explain this.

What about my 76 240D is the "spare" on it a REAL
SPARE or a REAL WHEEL AND REAL TIRE?

THANKS!!

Christopher

--- "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

its just the cheap way to go. I dont know about
those, but on GM cars you are only supposed to go 45 on them and only for a few miles. The great thing about MB is they always had a real
spare.

Tom Hargrave wrote:

What's wrong with a donut spare? My Porsche has

one and I used it about a

month ago. Worked great.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave