you hit the nail on the head mac. I went thru all that, and finally decided to start trying to make money on my hobby, or at the very least, make enough money for it to pay for itself.

Steve MacSween wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

i very much do want a little house in the mountains.  i don't have
the money though.  spent it all on junk  :(

Oh, wanna start on "I spent my money on junk" stories? How much time you
got?

I think it's a stage most or all car guys go through. You get one or two
cars on the go, then you start buying everything in sight, cause "It's such
a deal!".

Next thing you know, you wake up one morning to eight dead soldiers in the
driveway and one barely working car, and all of a sudden the money seems to
have gone away.

Sigh. I got rid of just about everything. I'm going to try again. Slowly.
Right now I am putting an engine into my Fintail. FOUR YEARS after I shipped
it here from California. Egads.

Mac
Aylmer, Quebec
'60 Mercedes 220s / '83 Mercedes 300sd