That is unfortunate. Does anyone have a story on this, that is reasonably
factual? Or is it best just left like a sleeping dog?

Kaleb, the quick and dirty answer to your query on the articles is that none
of the material **created by others** was legally copyright unless mbz.org
paid the writer for it, even a token payment ($1) makes it legal. Richard
would have copyright on his own material or other material that was
unsigned, however, unless of course someone steps forward to prove they
authored it and did not relinquish copyright.

Mac