Roberto-

Sounds very similar to my problems, only not as severe. I say start to look to the ignition system as well!

Good luck!  Let me know what you find out!

Michael

Hello guys

Today's question it is about the Zenith Carburators on a 280 S M130 engine, I have experience some problems in the high end, I mean trying to reach high speeds or on load situaction (uphill), the cars performs very well in idle and in the low range but when I push the gas pedal just after the exaust sounds loud (and good, over 2800 rpm) the car start to fail with some kind of stall and can not reach a higher speed. The facts are : engine rebuild 200 miles ago, compresion all around 170 psi, iddle speed 850 rpm, dwell 39°, timing 9° BTDC, temperature a little bit over 175 °F riding and can reach 215 °F on traffic with out auxiliary fan (with the fan on the temp back to 175 °F). I clean the carburators (dissasemble and spray with carbs cleaner then blowthem with compressed air), after that I follow the MB mantinance book instructions to tuning them up, since I don not have a CO2 analizer or air synchonaizer ( I know this is not the rigth way but ...) but with some experience in less complicated carbs I adjusted the mix screws by hear and the iddle with a tach. The car star at the first try, iddle very good, trnasition well too, perhaps the only noticeable problem is the stall in the high end.
I know is a long shot but any sugestion will be appreciate.

Thanks in advance one more time

Roberto