I think that's the diagnosis for black smoke-too rich. But someone more knowledgeable will speak up and confirm.

Sounds like you are making much better progress than I!!!

Good luck-keep at it!

Michael

Hi guys

Before anything else I would like to thanks for your responses to my help call. I have been taking this whole thing with an easy pace, so today there is no work on the carbs and beside I have a huge hangover from yesterday excess. I found a leak diaphragm in the rear carb I replaced it and did the mix screw thing againg to lean it a little bit (turning in, Am I rigth?) tooke the car for a long ride, I felt it more powerfull and responsive but still have some problems in the high end. I will verify the linkage adjusment, kick down switch and the ignition to see if there is something to coment. Finally when I start the car this morning it left a big spot of black dust from the exaust in the garage wall, any clue? maybe too rich?

Thanks

Roberto