If you want tracers, I noticed that www.cheaperthandirt.com has ".223
Caliber Tracer Centerfire Rifle Cartridge, 55-Grain M196 FMJ Bullet,
Demilled, 20 Rounds Per Box", for $7.97.

One can find LOTS of other stuff by entering ".223" in their Search window.
For example:

For $2.97 (plus), they're offering this -  "Russian .223, 62-grain hollow
point bullet, nickel plated steel case, Berdan-primed, non-reloadable,
non-corrosive, new current commercial production. Very attractive round with
nickel case. Accurate and reliable ammunition. 20 rounds per box, 25 boxes
per case. We sell this by the 20-round box. Non-returnable item; we will not
accept any returns on this. You will be charged an additional $3.00 total
handling fee on all orders for ammunition. Ammo restrictions: We do not sell
ammunition to Massachusetts; New York City; Washington, DC; or Cook County,
Illinois. Please check your state and local laws before ordering ammunition.
Ammo Price Is Per Box Ammo Cannot Ship by Air!"

I sometimes shoot this stuff in my Sako Vixen, which I added to my
collection while I was stationed in Heidelberg. Seems that military stuff
worked just fine, in this application 8^).

BTW, by the time I was on my 2nd and 3rd tours in Vietnam, we had converted
to M16s (5.56mm). There didn't seem to be an obvious problem with its "man
stopping" capability. But, that's only my personal opinion.

Jerry