On Thursday, July 14, 2005, at 10:36  PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I believe BMW made these diesel engines to be
installed in Lincoln Contentinals back in the late 1980's but the American public had just seen GM's 5.7 diesel fall apart & thus Lincoln could not
move their Lincoln's with diesels in them.

IIRC, 1984 was the only year for the Lincoln with the BMW diesel. Very hard to find now. I've seen them in Hemmings occasionally. Has a self-leveling suspension system of some kind, supposed to be a very nice ride and plenty powerful.

Alex Chamberlain
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
'87 300D Turbo
'01 VW Beetle TDI (wife's)