i inquired about service on that exact car at my local dealership and was
told they couldn't accept it for service. although the E34 body style is
common here and they're familiar with the M21 motor it shares with the
85'ish 524TDs, there are enough things different about it that they've had
cars exactly like that sit for months waiting for parts as seemingly
simple as Air Flow sensors...

cheers!