I've heard it said that evaps don't get changed much in Colorado.

In the Southeast they go out at an alarmingly high rate.  But we have
very humid weather and the A/C is used a lot. My mech buddy does evaps
all summer long on 124's and 140's, and seeing more cases on newer
E-class cars ('96+).

Not sure about the Northeast.

Brian