Gump is loving her Mobil 1 ATF. Best shifting in a manual I have ever had. Not bad for a 33 year old car.

On Sunday, July 17, 2005, at 06:26 AM, Kayoooh wrote:

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:46:48 -0500
From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] Re: [Banned] 240D Manual Gearbox Fluid
I thought they used tranny fluid, type A maybe?

Tarek Elshenawy wrote:

> Hello all. I am going to change the fluid in my manual trans on my 240D. I > noticed the owner's manual recommends 10W-20 motor oil for the trans. Why > not put gear oil like I'm used to? In addition, isin't 10W-20 hard to find?
> Thanks.
>
> Tarek

Hi Kaleb,
Isn't type A an automatic transmission fluid?
Tarek stated in his post that his transmission is manual!

Tarek,
I am no excpert but the reason for that may have to do with a car which was intended for operation in very cold climates! Was your car bought in Europ, or manufactured for European use?

Omar.

--
Clay
Seattle Bioburner