Autozone had a set of hex/allen sockets (well, the reverse of a socket, whatever you call it, that fit on your socket ratchet) that included the correct size (which I forget, you might be correct) for not much money ($6 or7), look pretty good too. Hit it with a lot of PB Blaster before trying to loosen it if it won't budge..

--R

R A Bennell wrote:

I have had the car for a week now and so far I have changed the oil and
filter and put in a new air filter.

The AT fluid looks and smells fine so I likely won't do anything with it
immediately.

The coolant looks ok in the rad so again, I likely won't change it
immediately.

I want to pull the plug in the differential and at least check the oil level
as it appears there may be slight leakage - the diff is a bit wet but no
puddles form under the car when parked. Is the plug 14mm? That seemed to be
the most likely size. I tried using the head of bolt as the hex wrench but
had a hard time holding it well enough and the two nuts that I locked
together to form the part that I would turn insisted on moving before the
plug moved. If I cannot find the proper hex wrench, I may weld the nut on so
that it cannot readily turn. Any other suggestions for breaking it loose
without damage?

I drove the car over 300 miles at highway speeds on Saturday and it seemed
to be fine. Only did about 23 mpg (corrected from liters to US gallons).
That seems a bit low but it has not been run much for several years so using
it will likely be good for it.

Oil pressure stays pegged at speed and temperature holds steady. No obvious
issues to be concerned with.
Oil pressure drops to 20# at idle when hot. Starts fine hot or cold.

So far I'm a happy camper.

Randy