AMEN to THAT!  My vote is also for buying the correct tool, the Hazet with
allen wrench on one end and oil drain plug wrench on the other end.  Call Rusty
and spend the ~$20, and save yourself some trouble.  The Hazet wrench is curved
so that you get the perfect angle of attack for removing that fill plug.  You
may only use this tool a few times, but it is well worth the cost and you can
pass it on to the next generation or sell it on Ebay.  When loosening the fill
plugs on my car's differential and trannsmission, they were so tight I had to
push with my foot on the wrench so hard that it flexed, but it did not bend,
break, or ruin the plug.

Clay wrote:
>I near had to destroy the plug in the 95 E300D to get it. Finally just
>sprang for the tool. No problems. Did destroy a bunch of allen
>wrench, and a Mac tool head.
>
>On Monday, July 18, 2005, at 09:56 AM, Rich Thomas wrote:
>
>> Autozone had a set of hex/allen sockets (well, the reverse of a
>> socket, whatever you call it, that fit on your socket ratchet) that
>> included the correct size (which I forget, you might be correct) for
>> not much money ($6 or7), look pretty good too. Hit it with a lot of
>> PB Blaster before trying to loosen it if it won't budge..
>>
>> --R

Very respectfully,
/s/
LCDR Meade M. Dillon, USNR
Digest Lurker since 2001
’85 300TD 321k miles (Euro 5spd)
'96 Infiniti I30 149k miles (wife's 5spd)
'73 Balboa 20 'Sanctification'
Charleston SC