Well, I didn't think there was enough there to grab on
to...but I will give it a whirl (and a twirl).

The closest I could find to a 22mm allen wrench is
7/8, which is 22.2, I believe. Would need a little
filing. $13 for the short handle and $20 for the long
handle. Wonder what the dealerships use...MB probably
sells a special tool.

Christopher

--- Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am not familiar with the 115, but i think  it is
> the same as 110.  You
> can use a large bolt head or, as Darrell says, use a
> pipe wrench on the
> outer edge.  My weapon of choice is large channel
> locks if I can't find a
> big bolt head.  Once the plug is loose, the screen
> comes out with it, just
> the same as a 123.
>
> At 12:43 PM 7/18/2005, you wrote:
> >there is no way to use a pipe wrench...it is a huge
> >allen head screw. I measured it and it looked like
> 21
> >or 22mm. Stopped by Star Parts this morning and he
> >told me 22mm. Before I bought the tool, I thought
> I'd
> >verify with list.
> >
> >Yes, I am trying drain all the rust out (that I
> >suspect is in there) and perhaps other crud. When
> >purchased, the fuel cap was off and now the
> prefilter
> >is crudding up fast (with rust)...rather than
> changing
> >filters once a week, I thought I should strike at
> the
> >root and drain/flush.
> >
> >There is nothing down there that takes a 46mm
> wrench
> >(wish there was, that I can handle).
> >
> >I know you can drain from the fuel hose, but I
> think
> >the crud is severe enough to warrant draining
> through
> >the strainer, which I think can be removed once the
> >GIANT allen screw is out. Indy agreed that would be
> >best course of action.
> >
> >Thoughts? I might try a 22mm bolt head...but I
> would
> >prefer to have a real tool...
> >
> >Thanks,

Christopher McCann, Raytown, Missouri
-1985 300SD, 207K miles, "Wulf" http://don.homelinux.net/mbz/Chris
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle)
-1998 Toyota Sienna CE, 99K miles, "The Van"