On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 02:47:05PM -0400, Darrell W. Sigmon wrote:
> Any one know any thing about the 1997 300D?
> I'm looking at one and the only thing I don't like about it is it is NOT
> turboed.

The 210 is not considered as robust of a car as a 124, and is certainly
nowhere near as simple or inexpensive to maintain as a 124 (which is not as
simple or inexpensive as a 123). The 210's known problems seem to hover
around poor rustproofing and cheapening of suspension components, but
supposedly the ride is wonderful.

Do not be deceived by the engine being non-turbo, that non-turbo engine puts
out more power than the 2.5 turbo that preceeded it in the 124s - I believe
140 hp. The transmission also likely does not have a dipstick and is not
considered serviceable, but it is highly recommended that it get periodic
services.