i have 2 300Es, 88 and 92. it seems to me that with a little top end attention, they are also run forever cars like the old 615, 616 and 617 diesels

the 560 107s and 126s are also proven

129, 210, 202, 140 -- none have really made the case for being reasonable keepers and more often make the case for not being such

At 04:00 PM 7/20/2005, you wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> it's sad to hear that the 210 is a step back from the 124 in so many
> ways.  many of us will reach the end of the line with 124, 126 and 107

i feel the same way, however the key is to find one or more decent 1980s
cars and hang on to them....  let's face it, there is nowhere else to go,
possible exception the 1988-92-ish bmw 5-series gassers, after that it's a
wasteland of disposables as far as my eyes can see....

mac