Yeah, thanks. Jeez. Anyway, that's what copyeditors and fact checkers are for, and I need both of 'em in spades, as anyone accustomed to reading my emails can attest.

Dan

Holy crap, I hope you made a typo for this posting and not the arcticle. It was STAR TREK, not star WARS.

Now, if somebody could just come up with a download of those old commercials. In fact, I think it would be great if there was a site that you could download just about any old commercial you wanted. Hmmmmmm, I see dollar signs.

Dan Weeks wrote:

So tell us more about this article.

Sorry, even I had remembered it wrong. Here's the text of the little story blurb, in its entirety:

Whatever happened to Ricardo Montalban?
Chrysler chose Montalban as the spokesman for its new, personal-sized luxury car, the Cordoba, in 1975. His richly accented delivery of the line "finest Corinthian leather," became so famous it was often parodied. The May 14, 1977 Saturday Night Live, for instance, featured a skit entitled "I am Ricardo Montalban," in which Montalban, portrayed by Dan Akroyd, is finally distinguished from two imposters after he produces a set of Cordoba car keys. Later, Akroyd-as-Mantalban attempts to seduce Gilda Radner's character with the line "your eyes are like tinted opera windows, your hair and skin like the fiiiinest Corrrrinthian Latherrrr" to a roar of laughter and applause. Montalban went on to play the leading role of Mr. Roarke in the popular television series Fantasy Island (1978-1984), and the lead in the second Star Wars feature The Wrath of Kahn. He also appeared in two of the Planet of the Apes movies and starred in the last two Spy Kids films. The 84-year-old actor still appears at occasional Star Trek conventions, where he always draws a big crowd.

Dan Weeks wrote:

And it was "RICH Corinthian leather." I just did an article on him for a DiamlerChrysler publication. I get odd looks when I show up to a DC new car unveiling in a 23-year-old old Benz, but so far no one has said anything. Perhaps their German bosses are listening...

That was Ricardo Montalban, another one of my favorite actors.