On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 02:15:52PM -0400, Richard Murdoch wrote:
> When we first turn on the AC on our 82TDt the air smells as if it is full of
> mold.
>
> Anyone know where this might be collecting and how to clean it?

On the powerchoke and on the crown vic, this is a common problem, caused
by leaving the A/C on after shutting down the engine. Running the car on 'vent'
instead of A/C for a while blows the smell out, then running the vent for
about a minute before shutting the car down seems to keep it that way.

Crown Vic dashes are ridiculous to remove, it's almost like they put the
dash on the assembly line first, and welded the car around it.

> The AC blows very cold but seems to work only on the minimum setting; even
> barely turning it back turns the cold air to hot.

I know nothing about the early climate control, so I have no idea if that is
normal or not.