*SNORT* its not often an email makes me laugh out loud inappropriately at
work...
Actually I wear my belt a little loose, I sit down pretty much all day and a
tight belt tends for a sore belly.

OHHHH Hammie's belt. I dunno, the lights were still bright when I got home so I
left good enough alone. Last time the belt got loose it made noise but that was
two alternators ago. I have a plan to fix the tank vent tonight so I'll take a
look at the belt then.

Speaking of which, Benzbarn, this one is for you. I've still not been able to
clear Hammie's tank vent to my satisfaction. That extra power I feel when I
first fill the fuel tank tells me theres too much vacuum in the tank. So since
I can't get a wire through from the bottom my new plan is to cut the hard vent
line partway down the tank and run a wire down from the top, maybe even run
some solvent through if I have to, or use compressed air to blow the
obstruction out.
On the compressed air idea, I know the tank is allowed a certain amount of
pressure/vacuum, is it the snout thing at the bottom that creates it or will I
be blowing against that obstruction elsewhere in the line?

Oh and Richard, I grabbed a bunch of the good big zip ties at work to keep in
the car. Good thinking

Thanks
-Curt
'83 240D "Hammie" 242kmi