--- Zeitgeist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I suppose it's conceivable that you could have a
> restriction in the
> return circuit (blockage or kinked return line)

In both our cars (of different makes and vastly
different ages and miles), within a month of
eachother?  That would seem to suggest a fuel problem,
but Bill said the fuel tested out fine, and lots of
other people are buying the same fuel and it's a
pretty tight knit BD community here in Oly - you'd
think word would get around if there was a problem w/
the fuel (I certainly spread the word after our TDI
incident).  Plus, the word on the TDIclub forum is
that this is actually not that uncommon of a problem,
and not just w/ BD, only somewhat more frequently w/
BD.  (Though unscientific, the impression I got from
the geographic origin of the comments is that the
problem is more prevalent in warmer climes,
reinforcing the suspicion that it's a heat induced
problem.)  Plus at least two other pro-BD "local"
mechanics are using Viton (Dave of Dave and Zane's and
Dr. Dan) so not every "expert" around here appears to
share your belief that all is well and good w/ the
stock equipment.  All this said, if your still
interested in looking over my rig, I'd certainly
appreciate the input.

DG