Kayoooh wrote:

> Craig,
> I just read that you paid with a check which is not a good thing to do at
> all.

Well, he can use the canceled check as evidence of a federal mail fraud
violation,
and he can likely track down her bank account number from it.

> Having said that and having looked at the auction page and also deducting
> the refund she offered you, I'd say you got yourself a good deal especially
> if the unit has been reconditioned.

If he bought a new one, and got a not new one, it would take far more trust
than I'd have to take a discount and keep the thing. As it stands, she has
his money and the pump, so he didn't get a good deal at all. This should have
been resolved by either supplying him with a brand new pump as advertised, or
supplying him with a refund including all shipping.  "I already spent your
money and can't afford to refund right now" is not acceptable.