From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Craig McCluskey
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 11:20 PM
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mercedes Digest, Vol 2, Issue 171

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:34:12 -0400 Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Having said that and having looked at the auction page and also
> > deducting the refund she offered you, I'd say you got yourself a
> > good deal especially if the unit has been reconditioned.
>
> If he bought a new one, and got a not new one, it would take far more
> trust than I'd have to take a discount and keep the thing.

That was our (my wife's and my) thinking as well.

> As it stands, she has his money and the pump, so he didn't get a good
> deal at all. This should have been resolved by either supplying him
> with a brand new pump as advertised, or supplying him with a refund
> including all shipping.

That was also our thinking, Mitch.

> "I already spent your money and can't afford to refund right now" is
> not acceptable.

I haven't heard that and pray I don't.

I did start the process at
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-buyer-protection-steps.html. I've
requested her contact information and will call her tomorrow (it's midnight
in Pennsylvania now).

Craig