"Kaleb C. Striplin" wrote:

> You are confusing diesels with gas engines.  The economy(vac) guage you
> are talking about is only on gas models.  Diesels do not have a lamba
> system, that too would be gas engines.

The only Lambda I'm familiar with is Lambda Sond from 1978 and later
CIS Saabs. In that situation, it was simply a name to distinguish the
oxygen sensor feedback CIS systems from the ones which depended only
on the airflow sensor and warmup regulator. I would assume that Lambda
in Mbz refers to the same sort of Bosch feedback CIS. Of course, diesels
don't have oxygen sensors in the exhaust manifold.