In my experience, when the Seller says all it needs is "just a
recharge" and it's 100 degrees outside, why doesn't he do it now? Even
if it is just low on R-12, (doubtful) it's leaking out somewhere which
will turn into big bucks.

If the transmission is hesitating more the 2 seconds going into D or R
from start up, then it is replace/rebuild transmission time.

On 7/29/05, Rich Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Says the A/C works, just not as cool this summer as last, he has not had it
> checked.  Thinks it probably just needs a charging.  I can do that.
>
> Tranny -- that's a concern, but maybe some M1 tranny juice?  Or if it comes
> to it, a transplant?
>
> Working on the TD has given me an appreciation for what it takes to keep one
> of these ole beasts running -- he says it has been maintained well the 24 yr
> he has owned it, he doesn't want to deal with an old Benz any more (I think
> the tranny has him off a bit), though he drives it daily.  Maybe a gasser is
> a bit more problematic than the diesel?
>
> Help me....I'm drowning...
>
> --R
>
> R A Bennell wrote:
> Its only $$.

What could you get that would be better for $5K?

Randy in