Good point, Andrew. Also remember than any restriction in line with
the ALDA will reduce part-throttle power, as the ALDA will get a
delayed signal from the charge pipe. This was the "fix" Mercedes
foisted upon the 1986/1987 models to correct a lean surge with the
cruise control. It's shown in the FSM complete with restriction
orifice, an extra switchover valve, and a bunch more plumbing. With
the EGR/ARV disconnected and ALDA adjusted it's not needed - I removed
it from my cars. I think you would need more than 1-2 inches of vacuum
before it would actually affect fuel delivery but I'm not sure about
that.

=)

-Dave M.