Not sure if you were CC'd Dave, but Andrew came up with a rather
elegant solution; tee in a vacuum check valve, into the boost line,
which would avoid trapping pressure in the aneroid chamber.  This
would vent manifold vacuum from a separate source, rather than the
ALDA.  Another additional option might be to source the ALDA boost
signal right at the turbo, which might help avoid boost lag due to IC
plumbing losses.

On 7/30/05, Dave M. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Good point, Andrew. Also remember than any restriction in line with
> the ALDA will reduce part-throttle power, as the ALDA will get a
> delayed signal from the charge pipe. This was the "fix" Mercedes
> foisted upon the 1986/1987 models to correct a lean surge with the
> cruise control. It's shown in the FSM complete with restriction
> orifice, an extra switchover valve, and a bunch more plumbing. With
> the EGR/ARV disconnected and ALDA adjusted it's not needed - I removed
> it from my cars. I think you would need more than 1-2 inches of vacuum
> before it would actually affect fuel delivery but I'm not sure about
> that.

Casey
Biodiesel:
'87 300TD intercooler (206k)