  -----Original Message-----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Zeitgeist
  Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 12:24 AM
  To: Mercedes mailing list
  Subject: [MBZ] OT: FTP help for doofus

  Can someone help me to decypher the following email exchange I had with my
ISP regarding my ftp site?  I can't upload to my ftp site anymore and it's
driving me crazy.

  Question:
  Hi, when I attempt to log on and upload to my ftp site (http://********/),
I get the following message:
  530-User home folder in NT Database not set
  530- closing control connection
  ! Logon failure, so quitting

  Can you tell me whether this is a problem at your end, or if my ftp
software (WS_FTP) is haywire?

  Thanks,
  Casey

  Response:

Casey,We have changed FTP server software (for added security), and we
needed toenable your account to allow logins.  Please be aware you need to
leave thedirectory (or path) field blank, when logging in with most FTP
client
programs, which will place you directly in your web directory root
folder.Jay
  I'm a great big dodo-head, so I have no idea what this means.  I've tried
to play around with the text fields in the ftp software that closely
approximate what he's referencing, but I still get the same error message.
Does anyone else use WS_FTP software, or can you suggest another free ftp
version I can switch to for now?

  TIA

  --
  Casey