Hey Casey.

What your ISP was telling you was leave the directory option empty.

If you entered the site option as http://********/ you should remove the
http:// in case it's confusing your application.

The******** should look something like this ftp.isp.com nothing like
ftp.isp.com/~user

Now by the looks of the message it apears that they have not configured your
home directory in the winblows server.

You might want to get on the horn with them and figure it out.

Good luck

George

The site won't allow folks to enter directly via the ftp:// URL.

I downloaded some new ftp software (Core ftp), but the error message is
identical.  I tried clearing the directory path, but nothing changes.  I can't
help but think this is a problem at their end, given their admission of
changing ftp server software--coincidence?