Hi Nick,

It's highly unlikely the turbo wastegate needs adjustment. More likely
is the ALDA needs a slight tweak. Your numbers are pretty close to
spec, you should be approx 13 seconds to 60mph near sea level assuming
your speedo is accurate (check with GPS) and you are using a stopwatch
for timing. If you put a boost gauge on the car, put a "T" in the line
to the ALDA, spec is 12-14psi at 4000rpm at full throttle under load.
Most OM603's are set around 12psi, in my experience. A half-turn CCW
of the ALDA screw might be enough to help things out, maybe a full
turn if you don't get excess smoke leaving a stop.

The odd part is the car is slower with the AC on. There is a WOT
cutout switch on the throttle linkage that is supposed to turn of the
AC compressor at full throttle. Perhaps your throttle linkage is not
adjusted properly, or the switch is faulty, or a wire is broken. With
the AC on, you should be able to push the switch with your finger and
observe the compressor turn off while the switch is engaged. Here's a
photo of the switch:

http://www.w124performance.com/images/OM603_misc/microswitch.jpg

Not sure about the AC engagement issue, could be one of a number of
things - not sure where to start. I'm not a W126 expert so I'll let
someone else pipe up on that topic.

:-)

HTH,

Dave M.