In my early efforts to sell the 86 300SDL (I've postponed that one a year or
so... finances), someone mentioned after driving it, that the turbo was weak
and it needed to be adjusted. He suggested that it was a valve of some sort.
I've always thought that the only adjustment on any turbo was the wastegate.
The car does fine with the A/C off, in the 0-60mph run (about 14 secs) and
about 16-18 secs with the A/C on.

A/C is another story... most of the time it is great, but sometimes it just
doesn't kick in... like a switch or fuse is keeping the compressor from kicking
in.

Anyone with advice?

BTW, the body looks good now, since ol' Maaco got ahold of it and fixed all
rust spots (cutout and re-welded those that were through the metal). I replaced
the RF fender, as well. Next item: interior.

I'm looking for a driver's seat in cream beige leather that is not ripped or
torn. I don't care about sagging springs or discolorations. Wrecking yards
don't seem to have one that is any better than mine and not in cream beige for
an 85 - 87. Does anyone have one or know of one?

Regards,

Nick Gough

86 300SDL 168k miles

93 300E 2.8 123k miles