Sorry I'm joining this discussion late. I have a bit of experience working with dual carb set-ups. A '67 MGB with duel SUs, a 911 with a pair of Webers and a 69 280S with dual Zeniths. I had a Unisyn for the MG and it worked well. To use it on the MB I had a sheetmetal shop (they normally make ductwork for AC and Heat systems) make a adapter for me - like a upsidedown funnel - to put the UniSyn on - round to fit the top of the Zenith that got smaller to accomodate the UniSyn. It worked.

Fast forward to the 90s and I found a device called a Synchrometer which is much better than the UniSyn becase it doesn;t restrict the air flow. It has a scale to note the level of flow on each throat so the others can be adjusted equally.

But I often go back to the basics - a length of rubber hose with one end held in the carb throat and the other end in my ear - I listen for the sound of suction and adjust each throat equally. IMHO, the rubber hose works as well or better than the other devices and it's very accurate. Just don't try it if you have a carb that likes to backfire ocassionally - that's hard on the ears!

Sincerely,
Larry T ('74 911, '67 MGB, 78 240D)
A Blood Test for your oil - www.youroil.net
For Test Results http://members.rennlist.com/oil