Thank-you for all for the feedback concerning my idling problem.  This
is a compilation:

<With the actuator unplugged the idle speed of a warm engine should be
<570 rpm - set with screw above the idle actuator. When the actuator
is
<plugged back in the idle speed should raise and settle at ~ 620
(adjust
<using the resistor plug setting it at whatever position produces 620
rpm.

<The engine speed sensor (L3) provide the electronic diesel control
<computer with the speed signal and the computer adjusts the signal to
<the actuator to provide an appropriate idle speed taking into
<consideration engine temperature and the selected resistor trimmer
position.

Marshall
--
<From: Joe Knight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<Subject: Re: [MBZ] ELR Trouble Shooting

<joe

I think I have to ASSUME that the Speed Sensor is functional as the
idle actuator is trying to adjust the speed.  When I got home this
evening, I tried to adjust the "unassisted idle speed" per Marshall's
instructions.
Pull plug on actuator, engine stalls.
Hmm, I see adjustment screw, it has a 13mm jamn nut which has been
sealed to test my veracity.   Break the damn seal, full speed ahead.
Turn CCW, no improvement
Turn back and 1 turn CW, no improvement.
Seal it back up, time for Sam Adams!

Thoughts?

________________________New O/T Subject____________________

Because of the strange methods my employer uses {he reads all outbound
e-mail) I have not been able to voice my opinion of several of the
pressing issues of late on this forum.  I will take this opportunity
to catch-up.

On cleaning glass, I let my wife do it!

I flat spotted tyres on my truck and #12,000 5th wheel while very
narrowly missing a Cow Moose in New Hampshire 3 years ago.  Very
Scary!  She ran across my beam, going way out of her way to get there.
She had gross scaring on her left rear flank indicating the she had
done this before.

On balancing/adjusting various configurations of side draft carbs.
        Why bother, they will loose adjustment in a few miles anyways.
        Kind of like tuning a set of bag pipes, can't be appreciated
by mortal man.
        I guess I'd let my wife do it after the glass cleaning!

--

Peter T. Arnold
Windsor, Connecticut

1987 Mercedes 300SDL, 225 Kmi w/ragged ass idle!

1995 Ford F-250 W/PSD, 185 Kmi on Rotella @ 5 Kmi Changes

2002 PT Cruizer, 70 Kmi, Every 5 Kmi with what's on sale

1954 Metropolitan {My Hanger-Queen}

None use oil between changes, go figure ;-)