THE CAR NEEDS PAINT JOB AND THE INTERIOR REDONE.

That's an expensive proposition (over $5,000) for a 450SL C, and on
top of that you have to be prepared to spend another $2500 for a valve
job since the seller conveniently "forgot" to provide the actual
mileage...

This is why these cars are likely to disappear completely in the next
decade.  And paradoxically, why it may make sense to purchase one for
the eventual day when they suddenly become highly prized collectible
cars, as opposed to bottomless money pits.