[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Here's the question though. His car only has working front defrost, none of
> the other buttons do anything. I have a spare servo from a junkyard that I
> picked up several months ago.
>
> Is the "defrost only" mode a failure mode of the servo, so it's worth me
> trying the junkyard one, or is "defrost only" more likely something else, and
> I should just replace the leaky hose?

Defrost only is a general fail-safe mode for the system... could be the temp
selector wheel, the pushbutton panel, or the amplifer unit as well.

A quick check for the servo is to listen carefully (from outside the car)
when you switch off the key, as the servo goes to its 'park' position when
the main power is off. It's a whirring and sometimes clicking sound. If it
does not do anything, then it's done.

Mac