sounds like you have a wire or motor shorted out.

JJJ wrote:

wow! must be the right season to fix stuff!!...seat switch was blowing fuses...went thru several from boneyard that didn't work fully (word is that the '86 switch with memory was upgraded continually and so i needed the exact year)...got it today and it blew fuse in some functions, got frustrated and replaced fuse with a real chunk of wire,... gracious, they're motors after all)...well, everything worked except the function that raises the seat back from a rather relaxed position to the possibility of driving the rascal!

so...my back window got fixed last week...the AC is now cold...but if i sit in my seat, i see the slight dirtiness of the 20 year old sunroof!...

so...remove the seat and look for short, etc?...or remove seat and charge the motor so seat changes?...or maybe something in the door?

i'm hoping i can look back on this soon...

please offer respectfull shame(the wire)...and any series of procedure that might get the seatback at least up again...

thanx
john